1) What’s the major difference between owning a license vs franchise?
a) The biggest benefit? Your minimal cost.
b) You have more control of everyday operations.
We want you to make the decisions of how to operate your business and just offer you the tools of how to be successful. Most franchise packages for this same business start at $5000 and run up towards $20000. Your cost is only $3000.
2) Can I start up a new location? Yes, however you are responsible to pay the licensing fee for each location and upkeep with the monthly payments of $25 for each location.
3) What does the $25 monthly payment to Eris Moms cover? This is your commitment to the brand. Eris Moms will have a “Locations” tab on the main website where traffic will be directed to your location. Social media tags and links to help boost your business. VIP discounts for your members? What are we offering?
4) Do I need to be a certified fitness instructor or personal trainer to purchase a license and run an Eris Moms location? No you do not, BUT you will not be able to teach any of the classes and will have to hire qualified, certified instructors to teach all your classes. Personal Trainers are not qualified to teach group classes. You yourself do not need the certifications, but you will keep more of the money your business earns if you have less to pay out in instructor fees. Any of your staff or sub-contractors teaching classes MUST be certified through BCRPA or equivalent governing agency in your province.
5) I purchased a licensing package and have been running a successful Eris Moms location in my town. I would now like to sell my business location. Are there any hoops to jump through within this licensing arrangement? Not really! The new owner must sign an agreement with us to continue using our brand and access our large online presence. If the new owner(s) wish to end this relationship, they must change their business name.
6) What makes Eris Moms different from any other Mommy and Me type fitness business?
a) Licensing vs Franchising – Basically this saves you BIG money and gives you the most FREEDOM to run the business how you want to. We give you the guidelines and show you how to run for maximum efficiency, but you have the overall say in how you go about your daily business.
b) Extremely minimal overhead so you, the business owner makes the maximum monthly profit! Most mom & me franchises will charge you on a sliding scale from $5,000-$20,000 based on the population of your town. We believe both the small and large towns have equal chance of making money so we have just one flat fee!
c) Share our trade secret of how to operate without paying rent!
d) Coming soon: 50% off the cost of several CEC courses being offered by Eris Moms.
e) Opportunities to make income (commission) off of our in home programs that we have created for clients.
7) Will there be competition with other Eris moms locations in my community? We will not sell any licensing within the same town radius of 25kms as long as you are active with the business.